Updated April 2023
Starting October 2018, PTC will be offering their leading CAD software in new package formats. This change is designed to provide designers and engineers with the tools they need to complete their daily tasks while providing different tiers to fit each organization’s budget. Here’s the breakdown for the new Creo packages:
Creo is still the same CAD software you know and love, just with new tier options to ensure organizations have the tools and features they need to fit their unique needs.
New Creo Packages Overview
Creo packages are now offered in a five-tier setup. As you upgrade between tiers you will receive all of the same features as the tiers below as well as additional features.
The tiers are set up as follows:
- Creo Design Essentials: Tier 1 has all the basic functionalities of Creo that you are already used to, so you can continue to design better products faster.
- Creo Design Advanced: Tier 2 includes the core function of tier 1 plus adds concurrent engineering tools, top-down design optimization, and features of prismatic multi-surface milling.
- Creo Design Advanced Professional: Tier 3 adds advanced surfacing, additive manufacturing, mold designing and machining, GD&T advisor, tolerance analysis, mechanism dynamic modeling, and behavioral modeling.
- Creo Design Premium: Tier 4 includes even more extended collaboration tools as well as the complete Mathcad package. Plus, this tier has advanced simulation tools for flow and fatigue analysis as well as product machining tools.
- Creo Design Premium Professional: Tier 5 is by far the most extensive and comprehensive of the new Creo Packages. It includes all of the features and tools of all the previous tiers. In addition, it includes the options modeler, tools for metal 3D printing, complete machining, more advanced simulation and flow analysis, plus the new topology optimization extension.
The new Creo packages ensure your team can get all the tools and functionality they need.
If you want to purchase a new Creo license with similar functionality to what you are used to, here is how the equivalent packages break down.
- Tier 1: Creo Design Essentials >> Essentials, Essentials Plus, Essentials Premium, or Engineer I
- Tier 2: Creo Design Advanced >> Essentials Team or Engineer II
- Tier 3: Creo Design Advanced Plus >> Engineer III
- Tier 4: Creo Design Premium >> Engineer IV
- Tier 5: Creo Design Premium Plus >> No current package has all the advanced features included in this new Creo package
If you are interested in a lower tier package but want a few of features included in an extension from a higher tier, it is possible to get those features. However, you can only select one extension to be added to your tier package, and the cost depends on the specific extension you choose to add. If this is something you want to do, simply contact us and we would be happy to help.