Creo 10 has just been released—and with that comes new Creo pricing and updated packages. Here’s everything you need to know.
Creo Pricing Tiers
Creo pricing varies based on the features you’re looking for. This gives teams flexibility in getting the right license for each team member, which is especially convenient when some users need access to significantly fewer features. Here’s how that breaks down for Creo 10:
|Package||Locked License||Floating License|
|Creo Design Essentials||$2,950||$3,610|
|Creo Design Advanced||$8,380||$10,300|
|Creo Design Advanced Professional||Floating only||$14,500|
|Creo Design Premium||Floating only||$20,100|
|Creo Design Premium Professional||Floating only||$27,700|
The latest Creo 10 price starts at $2,950 for a locked license.
Locked vs. Floating
Design Essentials and Design Advanced are available with a locked or floating license. Both license versions have the exact same capabilities, but who uses them and how they are used is slightly different.
- Floating license: This license can be used on any supported client machine and is not limited to a specific workstation. The license is specific to a particular server that controls the usage.
- Locked license: With this license, software can be used on a specific workstation only. These licenses can be counted or uncounted.
- Counted locked license: License usage is managed by a FLEXlm license server, and usage is restricted to the machine for which it is licensed. The server will allow customers to use up to the number of licenses purchased at one time.
- Uncounted locked license: Permission to use the license is managed by the PTC application instead of a license server, and an unlimited number of license sessions can be run on a single machine at one time.
Creo 10 Packages
Creo 10 is offered in five package options (although customization is available). Each package includes all the features of the previous package and continues to build from there, providing a huge range of features. All package offerings include Creo’s industry standard 3D CAD capabilities:
- 3D Part & Assembly Design
- Additive Manufacturing
- Advanced Framework Design
- Assembly Management & Performance
- Augmented Reality
- Automatic 2D Drawing Creation
- Design Exploration
- Direct Modeling (Flexible Modeling)
- Fastener Design
Plus, by purchasing a subscription license, users also receive:
- Access to the learning portal for comprehensive tutorial and bite-sized training
- Extended license borrowing to make remote work easy by borrowing licenses for up to 180 days
- Home use licenses so users can leave their laptop at the office
- The performance advisor to better understand and optimize your Creo environment
Each Creo package builds on a foundation of advanced features—here’s how they all break down.
Creo Design Essentials
The Creo Design Essentials package helps you stay ahead of the competition with the tools you need to create more innovative products faster. It includes all the standard Creo 3D CAD capabilities, plus:
- Augmented reality (AR) design visualization
- Core simulation and analysis capabilities
Creo Design Advanced
Creo Design Advanced is for teams ready to implement industry-leading capabilities in concurrent design and development as well as prismatic machining. It includes everything in the Design Essentials package, plus:
- Top-down design and concurrent engineering capabilities
- Prismatic and multi-surface milling
Creo Design Advanced Professional
This package really takes product design to the next level with the following additional tools:
- Additive Manufacturing
- Interactive Surface Design
- Behavioral Modeling
- Mechanism Dynamics
- Tolerance Analysis
- GD&T Advisor
- Tool Design
- Expert Moldbase
- Advanced high-speed milling
- Creo Layout
Creo Design Premium
Creo Design Premium continues to build on the robust Creo platform with the additions of:
- Fatigue Advisor
- Computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and Flow Analysis
- NC Sheetmetal
- Production Machining
- Additional multi-CAD Collaboration Extensions for CATIA V4 & V5, plus Siemens NX
Creo Design Premium Professional
This is the most comprehensive Creo package available, adding advanced features on the most robust product development platform available. It includes everything in Creo Design Premium, as well as:
- Advanced Simulation
- Complete Machining
- Advanced Flow Analysis
- Options Modeler
- Generative topology optimization
- Advanced additive manufacturing
Ready to Upgrade Your CAD Environment with Creo 10?
Access to the latest tools is critical to staying competitive. If you’re already up to date on maintenance, there’s no reason not to upgrade to Creo 10 (and if you’re on an older version of Creo, you could be missing out on some essential features). If you need help with pricing, are looking for a custom quote, or want to better understand your on-premise vs. SaaS options, just contact us.