After much anticipation, Creo 4.0 has finally arrived.
Creo 4.0 is packed full of new features and improved capabilities to provide improved support for:
- Additive manufacturing
- Model-based definition (MBD)
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Augmented reality (AR)
Plus new advanced modeling features that simplify the design process!
Creo 4.0 can help designers create smarter products faster.
Creo 4.0 includes improved UI to improve design productivity
Interactive workflows provide you with the tools and features you need, right when you need them—your most commonly-used commands are now easily accessible in a customizable context-sensitive toolbar.
Productivity is improved with interactive workflows that provide the features you need right at your fingertips.
Overall productivity has been improved with new and enhanced tools. Some of these capabilities include:
- Sketcher: improved sketch tools make it easy to improve productivity in the design process. You can directly snap sketches onto geometry and clip a model based on the sketch plane.
- Flexible modeling: in Creo 4.0 you finally have the ability to model directly with sheetmetal. Making edits to reliefs, seams, and forms has never been easier.
- Solid welds: you have the ability to create welds as solid geometry within Creo 4.0. By using this feature in conjunction with Creo Simulate, the software understands and creates weld connections as needed.
- Intelligent mirror assemblies: rather than creating duplicate parts by hand, Creo 4.0 can mirror the exact parts your need and position symmetrical parts automatically.
- Connected products: by using Creo 4.0 with Creo Product Insight, you can include digital sensors as integral parts of your CAD models.
- Materials library: Creo 4.0 includes over 100 new materials in its library. Improved workflows make it easy to assign these newly available materials to the various parts of your design.
New Tools for Every Design Project
With the Creo 4.0 Additive Manufacturing Extension, you have the opportunity to design, optimize, validate, and print designs all from one program. You can easily create and print parametrically controlled and uniform lattice structures that are otherwise impossible to manufacture. This extension makes rapid prototyping easy and eliminates human error mistakes that can occur in the design process. Plus, with direct printer connections, you can easily track, validate, and manage your prints.
Design, optimize, validate, and print 3D designs all within Creo 4.0.
Model Based Definition (MBD)
Model based definition features in Creo 4.0 help package all product data. Product information is fully detailed and accessible by everyone– making it easier to publish the full MBD. Access to all product information improves communication between teams, which also results in better product decisions. The Creo 4.0 advanced MBD tools improve productivity and consistency in designs while also reducing costs.
Internet of Things (IoT)
Creo 4.0 now includes the ability to design digital sensors as integral parts of CAD models. You can even integrate sensor data to understand product usage in the field. It’s not just about getting more product data, but rather gathering product data that is helpful in understanding how products can be improved.
Integrate sensors directly into your CAD models.
Augmented Reality (AR)
Augmented reality offers a way for designers to present designs in real world scenarios. Products can be shown in multiple color studies or scenes, providing a comprehensive presentation of products. The AR tools available in Creo 4.0 can provide a more compelling and engaging design review process.
Creo 4.0 is a significant new release with a variety of benefits for NxRev customers. But don’t rush to deploy it in production just yet.
Like any dot-zero release, we encourage our customers to play with it to understand the feature set, benefits, and potential gotchas (we’ll be doing the same). But we also urge customers to wait for a release or two for increased stability before deploying Creo 4.0 in a production environment.
We’ll provide a full Creo 4.0 review after we spend more time with the actual product.
Until then, call us at 408-986-0200 and we’ll be happy to answer your questions or send you a trial copy of Creo 4.0.