Product lifecycle management (PLM) is the central hub for developing new products in manufacturing organizations. Whether you’re designing cars, consumer electronics, medical devices, or even sports equipment, the right PLM tool can make the process smoother, faster, and less worrisome.
With so many different types of businesses using PLM solutions, it’s impossible to find a tool that works for every use case. Choosing a PLM tool that can provide the unique capabilities your organization needs is an essential part of the selection process.
Just like any tool, though, there are always features and capabilities you should never compromise on. Focus on PLM tools that:
- Offer comprehensive bill of materials (BOM) management
- Offer change and configuration management
- Help with storing, tracking and managing project data
- Enable collaborators to work concurrently, regardless of location
- Streamline workflows
- Offer embedded visualization
- Offer multi-CAD data management
PTC Windchill ticks all of these boxes. With a high level of efficiency and a powerful Web-based interface, Windchill helps smaller organizations effectively manage product content and processes. It’s designed to help you improve design reuse, broaden access to product information across roles, and ensure control over design versions and release processes.
PTC Windchill offers many features and benefits, including:
- Centralized vaulting/revision control of CAD models, their structures, and relationships (PTC Creo, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Inventor, Pro/ENGINEER, PTC Creo Elements/Direct and PTC Mathcad)
- Simplified and accelerated deployment process through uncomplicated installation and configuration wizards
- Intuitive management of viewable materials, including scheduled publishing
- Controlled user access to product items based on lifecycle state
We’re the largest PTC partner on the west coast, so yeah, we’re biased here. But when the product’s this good, there’s nothing wrong with pointing it out.
Find out why PTC Windchill could be exactly what you’re looking for by visiting https://nxrev.com/product/ptc-windchill.
Read "The Seven Must-Have Components of PLM Solutions" for a checklist of what PLM solutions need to provide, and check out "Why PLM Has Become So Important for High-Tech Manufacturers" for a broader perspective on PLM.