Mathcad Prime is already the industry standard for engineering mathematics software. The latest release, Mathcad Prime 9, builds upon an already extensive base of tools and features to help engineers solve and share their most complex applications. With calculations at the heart of every stage of product decision, teams require intuitive tools that enable traceability and produce accurate work. Mathcad Prime 9 delivers just that.
Mathcad Prime 9 includes everything engineering teams need to effectively calculate, document, and share critical engineering calculations.
Mathcad Prime 9 Benefits
Mathcad Prime 9 provides the ease and familiarity of engineering notebooks but with more accuracy and better mathematical notation than spreadsheets. The interface allows teams to document critical engineering calculations, including rich formatting options to show work. By documenting calculations in a sharable and readable way, your intellectual property can provide you with a competitive advantage. Mathcad Prime 9 elevates your work in several ways:
- Allows users to intuitively construct calculations using standard mathematical notations
- Supports the repurposing of standard calculations to streamline next-generation product development
- Helps increase productivity with full unit intelligence throughout all calculations
- Makes it easy to securely and effectively communicate design intent and engineering knowledge
- Generates professional quality documentation, including live math, rich text, full feature plots, and images
- Provides instant access to learning materials and tutorials
Mathcad Prime 9 Updates
Usability and Productivity
Mathcad 9 Prime includes customer-driven capabilities and enhancements to make you and your team more productive than ever. New Text Styles make it easier to organize your worksheet without formatting headings and subheadings manually. Users can use Text Styles to apply the formatting throughout the document automatically. Internal links and go-to pages simplify navigation throughout lengthy documents. Internal links make it super easy to connect notes and calculations throughout the worksheet for effective referencing.
Increase productivity with intuitive automated formatting and internal linking.
Symbolic and Numeric Enhancements
PTC continues to build upon its symbolic engine, including additional enhancements to the numeric engine to give users more access to mathematical operations and functionality than ever before. The numeric engine now includes PDESolve functions and Gradient Operator, plus the symbolic engine now includes solutions for Ordinary Differential Equations (ODE) and improvements to Calculus Operators. New Logarithmic Integral Function and Elliptic Integral Functions have been added.
Mathcad Prime 9 Feature List
Here are some of the most useful features included in Mathcad Prime 9:
- Create calculations using standard notation for algebra, calculus, differential equations, and more
- Evaluate and solve expressions numerically and symbolically
- Support for a range of data types, including scalar, vector and matrices, complex numbers, and more
Documentation and Content Protection
- Document formatting and control, including complete control over text and math formatting
- Collapsible and lockable areas to prevent viewing or modification of proprietary information
- Use the engineering notebook and document design intent by embedding Mathcad worksheets directly within PTC Creo parts and assemblies
- Drive PTC Creo models from Mathcad results
- Reference PTC Creo parameters as inputs to PTC Mathcad calculations
- Password protection to prevent the modification of specified calculations
- Leverage the usability of a multi-document, task-oriented UI
- WYSIWYG document editing
- Curve fitting and smoothing
- Data analysis
- Design of experiments
- Differential equations
- File I/O
- Probability and statistics
- Signal and image processing
- Solving and optimization
- . . . and hundreds more
- Solve for both linear and nonlinear systems of algebraic and differential equations
- Display symbolic solutions to systems of equations
- Optimize constrained systems
Plotting and Graphing
- XY plots, including scatter, line, bar, stem, waterfall, error, box, and effects
- 3D plots
- Contour plots
- Polar plots
- Add logic using familiar programming constructs and natural math notation
- Conditional statements
- Error catching
Units Management System
- Automatic unit checking and conversion
- Comprehensive, predefined unit library
- Define custom units
- Unit support for numeric and symbolic calculations, functions, solve blocks, tables, vectors, matrices, and plots
Ready to Get Started with Mathcad Prime 9?
If you already have a PTC support contract, what are you waiting for? Upgrading to Mathcad Prime 9 is free!
And if you don’t already use Mathcad, now’s the time to get it. Mathcad is an industry-standard tool with all the built-in functionality required of engineering teams, including ongoing production and usability enhancements.