Inspire: Design Faster, Smarter and Lighter
Reduce costs, development time, material consumption, and product weight by quickly and easily generating and investigating structurally efficient concepts. Inspire assists designers by creating new geometry within a design space using the loads as input.
Inspire’s Simple Workflow Generates The Most Efficient Models
The latest version, Inspire 2018, is now available!
Major Upgrades in Inspire 2018
- New profile editor: Maintain more control over profiles using new parameter tools and the ability to preview built-in actuators and motor profiles.
- Spot weld tools: Apply spot welds on any surface part and in any location.
- Friction simulation for rigid joints: Analyze the force and impact caused by various levels of joint friction during motion analysis with the ability to specify rigidity level and joint type
- Import and export for load cases and tables: Redesigned in the 2018 version, users can more easily view all loads and select specific cases.
- PolyNURBS updates: Use the updated PolyNURBS tools to create CAD and manufacturing-ready geometries post-simulation.
- Controls for overhang shapes in additive manufacturing: When designing for additive manufacturing, create more self-supporting structures by eliminating overhangs.
- Improved lattice optimization, visualization, and export: Design for additive manufacturing efficiently with automatically generated and optimized lattice and mixed lattice-solid structures.
Traditional structural simulations allow engineers to check if a design will support the required loads. Inspire enhances this process by generating a new material layout within a package space using the loads as an input. The software is easy to learn and works with existing CAD tools to help design structural parts right the first time, reducing costs, development time, material consumption, and product weight.
“Inspire provides a tool that can quickly suggest ideal part geometries, giving an opportunity to reduce development cycle time and enhancing the knowledge of the engineer regarding structural requirements of the component.”
– Stefan Terebesi, Sr. Engineer at Key Safety Systems, Inc., a Tier 1 manufacturer of automotive safety equipment
A brief overview of Inspire by solidThinking
Inspire Form helps engineers determine if their designs can be stamped efficiently using forming feasibility simulation. Quickly and reliably check the formability of parts with tools that predict the potential for wrinkles, splits, and loose metal. Using Inspire Form, teams can optimize designs, increase productivity, and improve material utilization.
- Create and simplify geometry for optimized designs automatically
- Determine the best stamping direction for model setup
- Extensive materials library
- Intuitive analysis results and visualization
- Utilize virtual tools to test design forming throughout the process
- Design optimized products
- Intuitive UI
- Reduce costs
Get a fast, easy, accurate, and affordable framework to determine casting feasibility using solidThinking Inspire Cast. Uncover potential issues early in the design process to significantly reduce costs and design time. Engineers can set up simulations in just five easy steps:
- Import/create geometry
- Define gates
- Import/create components
- Setup the process
- Run/analyze results
- Create rigging components for casting
- One-click generation of geometry for cores and molds
- Automatically generate risers
- Utilize guided templates for the most common casting process simulations
- Design for castings and utilize simulation to assess and optimize early
- Minimize process complexity
- Improve quality and profitability
Inspire Extrude Polymer
Easily optimize polymer extrusion designs using the simulation tools in solidThinking Extrude Polymer. Visualize materials flow and temperature inside the die to find and fix potential issues before the manufacturing process. Plus, solidThinking Extrude Polymer can specifically detect potential extrusion defects including:
- Clam shelling
- Coextrusion both with and without metal inserts
- Die swell
- Profile distortion
- Guided templates for coextrusion, spiral dies or metal inserts, as well as film and sheet dies
- Advanced simulation helps engineers detect and fix extrusion defects early in the design process
- Use powerful visualization tools including temperature, displacement, velocity distribution, and more to improve designs
- Use virtual die trials to determine and eliminate issues and improve extrusion quality
- Improve productivity
- The easy-to-use UI helps to detect extrusion defects earlier and faster saving time and money
Inspire Extrude Metal
Previously sold as Click2Extrude, Inspire Extrude Metal helps teams complete extrusion simulations quickly and accurately without additional complicated tools or interfaces. Using this platform, engineers can detect and fix some of the most common extrusion defects including:
- Bad surface quality
- Low profile quality
- Ban grain structure
- Bad seam welds
- Charge weld defects
- Backend contamination
- Die wear
- Unbalanced bearings
- Profile distortion
- Easily create and simplify extrusion geometries
- Improve products with easy-to-use optimization modules
- Comprehensive analysis tools for all types of compressions and stress
- Materials library allows users to customize materials for more accurate analysis
- Shift design processes upfront to design better products
- Intuitive UI with little training required
- Save on time, materials, product weight, and cost