Inspire from solidThinking: Design Faster, Smarter and Lighter
Reduce costs, development time, material consumption, and product weight by quickly and easily generating and investigating structurally efficient concepts. Inspire assists designers by creating new geometry within a design space using the loads as input.
Inspire’s Simple Workflow Generates The Most Efficient Models
The latest version, Inspire 2016, is now available!
Major Upgrades in Inspire 2016
- The new PolyNURBS tool allows users to create manufacturable designs from topology optimization results with NURBS geometry using a simple workflow.
- Easily identify the best design directions by comparing multiple loading scenarios in one table using the Results Comparison tool.
- New Load Types allow users to consider temperature loads, velocity, acceleration, G-loads, and enforced displacement to simulate precise loading conditions.
- Users can now find and extract 2D sheets from single thickness solid geometries using the new Midsurface tool.
Traditional structural simulations allow engineers to check if a design will support the required loads. Inspire enhances this process by generating a new material layout within a package space using the loads as an input. The software is easy to learn and works with existing CAD tools to help design structural parts right the first time, reducing costs, development time, material consumption, and product weight.
“Inspire provides a tool that can quickly suggest ideal part geometries, giving an opportunity to reduce development cycle time and enhancing the knowledge of the engineer regarding structural requirements of the component.”
– Stefan Terebesi, Sr. Engineer at Key Safety Systems, Inc., a Tier 1 manufacturer of automotive safety equipment
Shape controls & design constraints
- Min/Max Size
- Draw Direction
- Pattern Repetition
- Cyclic Repetition
- Stress Constraints
- Frequency Constraints
- Displacement Constraints
- Catia (V4 & V5)
A brief overview of Inspire by solidThinking