With so many CAD software systems on the market, it’s important that your company find the tool that best suits its needs. A deliberate process can make your company leaner, more innovative, and more competitive, while a more disorganized process can waste valuable time, energy and money on an underperforming solution.
Throughout the process, be certain to ask questions like:
- Is this CAD software capable and efficient for 3D design?
- Is this CAD software compatible with my customers and supplies tools?
- Does this CAD software include drafting tools that meet my standards?
- Is the CAD software reliable and stable?
- Does this CAD supplier have a reputation for maintaining professional and support oriented business relationships?
- Does this CAD software offer built-in applications that will help my business?
- Does this CAD software offer opportunities to shorten the learning curve?
- Does this CAD supplier staff an innovative research and development team to protect my investment?
- Does this CAD supplier match me with a dealer who can actually help me grow my business?
PTC Creo: Specialized Software for Complex Solutions
The PTC suite is one of the most sophisticated CAD solutions available. It includes over a dozen products and applications that support users from concept through manufacturing, service, and retirement. They include:
- PTC Creo Parametric – provides the broadest range of powerful yet flexible 3D CAD capabilities to help address pressing design challenges
- PTC Creo Direct – allows you to achieve faster design cycles by enabling more users to access, share, use and gather 3D CAD data
- PTC Creo Simulate – enables 3D virtual prototyping so you can test a range of structural and thermal properties of the design early in the detailed design process
- PTC Windchill – manages, cross-references, and provides visibility to all product-related content including MCAD, ECAD, documents and software
- PTC Mathcad – lets engineers design and document engineering calculations simultaneously with comprehensive applied math functionality and dynamic, unit-aware calculations
Like any major CAD program, PTC’s software has ideal use cases and non-ideal use cases. Its extensive list of features and capabilities means it is well suited for organizations looking for a robust, flexible and scalable solution to their 3D CAD needs. Though PTC’s user interface is easy to understand, those who know their needs will not be expanding, who are looking for a simpler, more basic solution to design process software may be better off elsewhere.
For those looking for a feature-rich solution, one that can grow with your needs, PTC offers significant benefits compared to competitors, including:
- 2D to 3D CAD Conversion
- Faster modeling and regeneration
- A wide variety of surfacing options
- More intuitive large assembly design
Creo is high-end software that offers advanced functionality that can handle complex geometry and expansion modules that can scale as your company grows. Its lengthy list of features and expansions make it an ideal solution for companies that want industry-leading flexibility without a budget-busting price tag.